Thursday 26 March 2020

Lock-Down - Week 2!

I watch the sunlight in the street
There are voices – people want to meet
Perhaps they bring a dog in tow
As into our back woods they go.

The terrace door is open wide
I've just put both my chairs outside
I'd like to sit and read a book
But this is still a chilly nook.

The news at midday brings more gloom
It's no fun cooped up in a room
But public parks in many places
Are empty – disappointed faces...

Shadows shorten more each day
The spring, though crisp, is on its way
Birdsong, not exhausts, I hear
There's less pollution in the air!

When will it end? What have we done?
Chats on the radio are fun
As experts give their points of view
But no one really knows what's true!

New Zealand will boycott the Games
And now the sporting world complains
Tokyo - put on the spot
Yields to pressure and calls stop!

(c) Poet in the woods 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment