Sunday 29 March 2020

A Really Deep Clean

The oven sparkles, windows too
The kitchen paintwork shines anew
Many cleaning products do their stuff
With elbow grease, the going's tough!

But hey, as I wipe cupboards clean
I reflect how lazy I have been
Out and about, not often home;
The things we do when all alone...

So it's T.L.C. in my domain
I brush débris from my blocked drain
And give my indoor plants a spray
Watch how their leaves bounce back – Hurray!

Through terrace windows bright and clear
I see tree greening now appear
Ruthlessly dead twigs are trimmed
So healthy branches catch the wind.

We moved to summer time last night
But Arctic winds still have a bite
Brave neighbours pass by in my street ...
But my kitchen beckons – I must eat!

(c) Poet in the woods 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment