Wednesday 15 April 2020

The Conversion - Causing a Buzz!

The sun's out and wee bees a-buzz
My window boxes sprout frond fuzz
Wisteria sports a purple hue
And brazen weedlets now poke through!

Alas! The peace that I've enjoyed
These past weeks, has been destroyed;
Beside my neighbour's bench retreat
Huge planks, unstacked, now line the street.

The Polish van has just squeezed through
And blocks large potted plants from view
The workmen, dressed in green, appear
Their tools soon scattered here and there ...

Passing prams will be waylaid
As our cul-de-sac gives way to 'trade'
«Action Stations!» on the site ...
That buzzing saw makes birds take flight!

The neo-wainscotted facade
Intrigues, and passers-by look hard...
Blue skies indeed as I look out
But disturbance I could do without!

(c) Poet in the woods 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment