Sunday 12 April 2020

Mind Blowing!

All channels home in on sad news
This virus theme gives us the Blues
For other themes to tempt my Muse
I cast about ...
We've done to death this year's sweet spring
We're sick and bored of staying in
Our health may suffer – too much gin?
This year's a rout ...

I think I know how caged lions feel
Or hamsters locked on spinning wheel
As isolation's a big deal;
Weird times, I guess.
Though we can go on line and chat
This lack of movement makes us fat
Sans human contact we feel flat
And suffer stress.

Our mental health is dealt a blow
Psychologists fear overflow
As everybody aches to know
When we'll be free
But the Virus keeps us on our toes
In fifty countries borders close
Where the wind blows, no one knows
It's «Wait and See!»

(c) Poet in the woods



No comments:

Post a Comment