Saturday 11 April 2020

Terrace Musings at Easter

Suddenly, the clouds have lifted
With lovely warming sun we're gifted!
A change of mood brings thoughts of bees,
Picnics, walks and dainty teas!

I deck a tray with cup and plate
It's Eastertime – let's celebrate!
I add a chocolate or two
A friend's kind thought – I bless her too!

Ensconced upon my clean white chair
I think of those no longer there ...
So much has changed in this short space
The world now seems a scary place.

But friends and family keep in touch
And old acquaintances mean much
Our high-tech skills we need to hone:
Skype, Zoom and FaceTime on our phone!

Household tips flood internet
Old recipes an outing get
Balconies and gardens bloom
Riotous colour promised soon!

I stir my second cup of tea ...
A flying insect stares at me
OK, so I am stuck at home,
But for a moment – not alone!

(c) Poet in the woods 2020


2 comments: