Thursday 9 April 2020

From Little Seeds ...

So happy as I start the day,
My tiny seedlings bob and sway
In this gentle, warming breeze
Their proud heads bow - a living frieze.

Against a background of birdsong
A cacophony, a joyous throng
I observe the catkins floating free
Spring-green branches wave at me!

Gardening tips on internet:
Plant veggie roots in pots soaked wet
And watch new growth from carrot frond;
Leek, mint and celery respond

To a touch of T.L.C.
I hope my rows of beans will be
In due time a tasty crop
But I must water them a lot!

The days get longer, April glows
Birch and willow sport new clothes
My terrace doors are open wide
My day's work I survey with pride!

(c) Poet in the woods 2020

14th century proverb: "Mighty oaks from little acorns grow"





Sprouting chives and mint!




No comments:

Post a Comment