Wednesday 22 August 2018

Feeling Grateful

Late August and the shadows fall
Dappling flowers on my wall
The heat's still there, no need of coat
But torrid days now seem remote.

Back to the grindstone for the masses
More traffic jams and morning crashes
«Terug naar School» is in full swing
So sales of cooling fans are thin!

The season's on the turn again
As forecasts promise us more rain
My diary, somewhat blank, now fills
My business cards work well – more thrills!

It's good sometimes to pause, take stock
And appreciate what makes us rock
So may I take this chance to say
Thanks to those who pass my way!

Though some land on my blog one time
Many, tickled by my rhyme
Which pokes fun or makes dreadful puns,
Come back, so I stick to my guns!

(c) Poet in the woods 2018

by May 2021 - over 265,000 hits on my blog - Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment