Monday 23 August 2021

Writ in Water

It’s the constant rain that gets us down;

Each time that pitter-patter sound

Assails my ears, I heave a sigh

And stare forlornly at the sky…

 

While forests blaze in far-off places

And domes of heat bronze happy faces

Belgians dare not venture out

Without their trusty brolly stout!

 

Grey skies dampen morning mood

Strong feelings, negative, intrude

No wonder we are feeling blue

This August; will the sun peep through?

 

My raincoat rustles with much use

Yet sometimes, I feel a recluse

As constant rains sap threads of joy

And all my social plans annoy!

 

Though window panes are sparkly clean

The pavement puddles form a stream

That carries debris down the hill

Around tall weeds which taunt me still!


(c) Poet in the woods 2021




No comments:

Post a Comment