Thursday 12 August 2021

The EU Digital COVID Certificate

Who dares wins – but is this true?

How many hoops must we leap through

To get our vital COVID pass?

My on-line antics are a farce!

 

We want to travel, take the train

Cross the border, without strain

Get our lives back as before;

But twisty red-tape is a bore.

 

Although I’m double-vaccinated

New admin makes lives complicated

Just word-of-mouth is not enough;

We SMART phone Luddites find it tough!

 

To register “I’m good to go”

On-line’s the thing, not paper flow

Health documents are all fast-track;

Use your “E Box”! But what’s that?

 

My new Card Reader I unpack

From now on I must learn the knack

My USB key slot? Ah, it’s there

But it flashes red, so I despair!

 

Already I’m in overload…

Where did I note down my PIN code?

End-of-my-tether – feeling thwarted;

 But, thanks to a dear friend - all sorted!


(c) Poet in the woods 2021




 

No comments:

Post a Comment