Thursday 19 August 2021

In the Orange Zone!

I cannot be the only one

To think we are short-changed on sun

While other countries roast alive

Here rain puts weeds in overdrive!

 

Though not a gardener, I enjoy

 Observing nature’s full employ

More seedlings blossom, spurt forth shoots

In no time - tendrils in cahoots…

 

Dormant pots show hopeful signs

As latent growth perks up and shines

While gusts of wind send leaves a-flutter

 And a big red slug basks by my gutter!

 

Morning mists are here once more

Insects pattern trellised wall …

From glass doors I admire the view

As water droplets make plants new!

 

My mauve wisteria blooms decay;

It’s August - they have had their day

But what is this?  A late surprise

Nasturtiums now flash orange eyes!


(c) Poet in the woods 2021




No comments:

Post a Comment