Saturday 28 August 2021

Sad Tidings from Abroad!

There is nothing I would rather do

Than share a nice hot tea with you

And chat about life, future plans

Or pick up cherished friendship strands.

 

But we have gone in different ways

And now I live beyond the waves …

So sad you are not well; I care!

How can COVID even dare

 

Invade the lives of special friends?

Like Puck, I long to make amends

But our Midsummer’s Dream is past

And health, our treasure to the last,

 

May sometimes falter as we age;

In a flash Fate turns the page!

We do our best, get jabbed, wear masks

This damned pandemic is no farce…

 

Do Those-In-Power know what they do?

Despite all nets, COVID slips through…

My warmest thoughts to you, dear friend

I cross my fingers you'll soon mend!


(c) Poet in the woods 2021



For my friend Jacki.

No comments:

Post a Comment