Monday 9 May 2016

The Dead Mouse!

It was just a day like all the others
Sunday – feast day of all Mothers -
When staring at computer screen
Which glowed with iridescent green,

It vanished! The cursor I need
To scroll down, click on and then read
My emails, Facebook page, world news
I could not function, felt confused...

I banged the Mouse and shook it hard
No reaction – I am caught off guard
Without my “arrow”, I am lost
I.T. remains my mystery boss!

Frustration to the nth degree;
A solution there must surely be...
I reboot the system – will this work?
But no, the Gremlins laugh and lurk

Out of sight, not out of mind
Then, Eureka! I have been so blind
The mouse, though not “killed” by the cat,
Is dead because its battery's flat!

(c) Poet in the woods 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment