Friday 20 May 2016

Canine Theatre Buffs?

A distinguished man*, white beard, black hat
Entered the room; we all stood back
Apparently he's widely known
The SABAM world must be his home.

Many turned their heads his way
He smiled at them as if to say
“I have arrived – we can begin.”
Was I alone to not know him?

An eccentric - mini dogs in tow
Who romped around and stole the show
His “Yorkshire” trademark, that was clear;
Man's best friend is welcome here...

A buzz of conversation flowed
Soon ears and eyes in overload
Fast-spoken French, smart repartee
Hand-picked guests – such fun for me!

His voice rose and I heard him speak:
“My dogs so love a theatre treat”...
I pondered this surreal touch
How could they, without French or Dutch?

(c) Poet in the woods 2016

SABAM: Belgian Authors and Composers Association

* A certain Michel C.






1 comment: