Saturday 17 May 2014

Exciting New Feelings!

You know what I am thinking
There's no need to explain
And even if you're drinking
The words flow clear and plain.

Our thoughts link and merge in,
The feeling's very strange
A kind of timeless fervour
Impossible to feign.

It does not seem to matter
That we are kept apart
There's always stolen chatter
To soothe each aching heart.

Each minute spent: a tiny gem
Enough would make a crown
We've not collected many yet
Time seems to let us down.

Promise me no idle dream
Give me no single gift
More precious is what can't be seen
There's plenty of that left.

So I will make a tryst with you
And this much will I give
This lonely heart cries out for love
Would you but let it live...

(c) Poet in the woods 2014



(Written in 1983)

No comments:

Post a Comment