Sunday, 19 July 2026

Amazing (Mary Emily) Grace!

A poet who can’t find the words?

This is the weird thought that occurs

As when one’s Mum turns 1-0-3

What can I say, folks, but “Praise be”!

 

Superlatives don’t fit the bill;

In fragile health right now but still

My special Mum who held my hand

And kept me close till I could stand,

 

Who taught me what was wrong and right

Who picked me up and held me tight

When I fell and bruised a knee

Or lost a tooth on Christmas Eve…

 

Sharp memories which I hold dear;

Despite these passing years - quite clear…

This bond is precious and I feel

We are blessed with star-struck deal!

  

(c) Poet in the woods 2026



born 20th July, 1923

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful reflections and tribute to dear Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible lady and such a lovely poem in her honour. A special mum indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing all love on her special day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your special mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love in verses straight from the heart. Happy Birthday to your Mum

    ReplyDelete