Saturday, 25 July 2026

The Mango Chutney-Mistress Combo!

Today was such fun to explore

A house I’d never seen before!

My friend dog-sits - owners away

So, near the Cinquantenaire I stray!

 

Art Nouveau house, broad flight of stairs

To trendy lounge with comfy chairs

Lofty ceilings, where plants crawl;

Mango chutney artwork* on one wall!

 

Kitchen - spacious, all mod. con.

Garden chairs to sit upon

Beds of roses by brick walls;

An angry crow both dogs enthrals.

 

They frolic, wag their tails, and race;

Curious to see new face?

Delicious coffee, fresh-ground beans

This couple certainly has means!

 

In this well-appointed place

The dogs are clearly used to space;

Then, a bit of gossip, so I hear

A king’s mistress** once lived near!


(c) Poet in the woods 2026


Footnotes for the curious: 

* This vast  painting promotes Sharwoods mango chutney

** The mistress of King Léopold I - Arcadie Claret  - also lived in this street ...




The   amazing artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment