Friday, 31 July 2026

A Heated Argument or Two!

So much is 'cut and paste', 're-hash';

Take stupid adverts to make cash;

Or inane quiz games; (low IQ)

That any bright spark can see through …

 

That sometimes I despair of Man;

I entertain, best as I can!

The Internet is a great tool

But NEVER will it replace school!

 

July ends in a blaze of heat

Early morning – empty street ...

I think of those keen to depart

And those whose journey home must start…

 

'Crossover' weekend – signalled red;

Long traffic hold-ups lie ahead …

While I gaze at peerless sky

And watch a single bird swoop by…

 

Low summer sales have caused dismay

The heat, I hear, kept crowds at bay;

For so long we have prayed for heat …

Extremes, alas, our plans deplete!


(c) Poet in the woods 2026





No comments:

Post a Comment