A poet who can’t find the words?
This is the weird thought that occurs
As when one’s Mum turns 1-0-3
What can I say, folks, but “Praise be”!
Superlatives don’t fit the bill;
In fragile health right now but still
My special Mum who held my hand
And kept me close till I could stand,
Who taught me what was wrong and right
Who picked me up and held me tight
When I fell and bruised a knee
Or lost a tooth on Christmas Eve…
Sharp memories which I hold dear;
Despite these passing years - quite clear…
This bond is precious and I feel
We are blessed with star-struck deal!
(c) Poet in the woods 2026
born 20th July, 1923

Wonderful
ReplyDeleteBeautiful reflections and tribute to dear Mary.
ReplyDeleteWhat an incredible lady and such a lovely poem in her honour. A special mum indeed.
ReplyDeleteAmazing all love on her special day
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your special mum
ReplyDeleteLove in verses straight from the heart. Happy Birthday to your Mum
ReplyDeleteYes your mum is fantastic!!! I remember going to her 100yrs birthday party when she was so lively !
ReplyDelete