Thursday 18 March 2021

At One Year On!

I cast around for subjects new …

But one year on, COVID comes too;

With borders closed, fun travel stops

Politics tied up in knots …

 

These twists and turns evoke a thrill

For poets, great grist to the mill!

My fingers flit across the keys

Weird inspirations are a breeze…

 

I think of those chained to “on line”

With much to do and no “down time”

With kids to entertain or teach

And relatives far out of reach …

 

And wonder if God wants to say

That we should live another way?

We tend to think we know it all

But “Buy! Buy! Buy! begins to pall …

 

In Syria the War drones on

Most of its infrastructure gone

Hospitals in line of fire

Its future - dare I say it - dire…

 

While Social Distancing is grim

It’s better far than staying in;

I see the future, not the past:

Signs of Spring are here at last!


(c) Poet in the woods 2021



At the Belgian Border ...





 

No comments:

Post a Comment