Sunday 14 March 2021

A Plus Point for the Mask?

Sharp, biting gusts whip at my coat;

With woolly scarf entrenched round throat

I venture out in icy blast

To keep warm, I must step forth fast!

 

The sun peeps out; its feeble heat

Not yet reflected off the street

Does not convince me Spring is near:

Wearing gloves still de rigueur!

 

Cobwebs by brisk winds swept away

Artwork for another day ...

And though I’ve not worn rouge for weeks

The chill brings colour to my cheeks!


 Rain clouds, quite light to deepest grey,

 Chase what remains of blue away

The wind meanwhile, unseen, is heard

As scattered street debris is stirred…

 

I venture forth, tasks to be done

And search in vain for Brother Sun;

At least, for let the truth be told,

My stupid mask keeps out the cold!


(c) Poet in the woods 2021






No comments:

Post a Comment