Tuesday 30 March 2021

About to Happen!

Blue skies without a cloud in sight:

The clocks have moved on – there’s more light!

How wonderful that plants respond

To loving care, I feel the bond!

 

Seed packets promise luscious blooms

Joys in the offing, one assumes

So I clean pots and plant wee gems

Well-watered, spring will make amends!

 

At dawn, my pansies face the sun

Bold thyme and mint are on the run;

Lavender spreads fragrant shoots

My newly-planted seeds grow roots.

 

This winter has been cold and harsh

Now we hope the worst is past

As social distancing’s a blow

Friendships with my plants I grow!

 

Each day, pre-breakfast, out I trek

And each window box inspect

For brand-new growth and tendril trails

So far, just chickweed and small snails …


(c) Poet in the woods 2021



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment