Friday 12 March 2021

All in Good Time!

In gale-force winds tall branches sway

I hold onto my hat today

Conscious it might blow away;

Beware the chill!

Skeletal leaves whirl in the air

How to catch them? Should I care?

My hanging baskets, dusty, bare

Are never still.

 

Though the urge to dig and plant is nigh

Unopened seed packs lie nearby

Awaiting a more clement sky;

Am I too keen?

My determined pansies do their best

But harsh winds put them to the test

And their fragile petals manifest

A troubled mien.

 

Tills at the Boitsfort nursery ring!

Neighbours plan to cart home Spring;

Those early bulbs, force-fed, will bring

An Easter touch;

But March this year is fiercely cold

And Mother Nature tends to scold

Precocious souls who make so bold;

No need to rush! 


(c) Poet in the woods 2021


Pepinière de Boitsfort




No comments:

Post a Comment