Thursday 14 June 2018

Locked in a Speech Bubble?

Forgive me if I smile when on the tram
My eyes a sort of real life webcam
The expressions of my fellow travellers stark
Each lost in silent screen chats, have no spark.

Impromptu conversations all have died
With earphones, human contact is denied.
Some idly flick through Facebook, go on line
While I observe the scene and write this rhyme.

The freebie «Metro» paper clutters seats
Occasionally my eye another's meets
But soon the gaze is lost, perhaps embarrassed
There's so much talk of people getting harassed.

Since the advent of the SMART phone, we're less smart
As in a virtual world we're all embarked
Surreptitiously we've now become entrapped
Together, yet apart, all bubble-wrapped!

(c) Poet in the woods 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment