Tuesday 5 June 2018

Cookies Take the Biscuit!

Cookies once were baked delights
Warm, straight-from-the oven, bites
Enjoyed at home with Mum and tea
But the meaning has gone west, I see.

Now cookies turn up uninvited
A love affair quite unrequited
These subtle gismos act like spies
Which force our fingers into pies

Where we have no zest to go
Our surfing habits all on show.
Teams of Stasi on the Net
Which dog our movements like a pet.

They analyse our choice of site
And secretly new programmes write
So as I stir my cup of tea
These hidden gremlins spy on me!

All unbeknownst, they're on our trail
Keen to promote and make a sale;
I reach into my cookie jar ...
All this has gone a crunch too far!

(c) Poet in the woods 2018




As well as American-style biscuits, cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment