Wednesday 27 June 2018

At a Pavement Café

June now tiptoes to its end
Long sunny days – a happy blend
Of teasing breezes, sapphire skies
Kids out of school whoop joyful cries!

At a terrace café, I enjoy
A coffee pause with hoi polloi;
Nearby, a neighbour wolfs a slice
Of home-baked pastry – it looks nice!

Two other ladies, dogs on leads
Sit at a table, bags on knees
While they scan papers, coffees cool
Chilling out is summer's rule.

World cup flags on shop fronts hang
The clicking of a passing tram
The local bus* stops right outside
Grandma and kiddie hitch a ride.

With an air of summer here at last
A car or two purrs slowly past
A convoy of youngsters on two-wheels
Flash coloured helmets, smiles and squeals.

Taking time out in the sun
Right now as all my chores are done
I treat myself to this display:
Cute cameos that make my day.

(c) Poet in the woods 2018



* N° 17 - Heligenborre - Beaulieu



2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post, I always appreciate topics like this being discussed to us. Thanks for sharing.
    interlocking patio pavers

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...This is just what I need. Flabuless where have you been the last ten years of my life? I need you. Thanks!
    Boynton Beach Pavers

    ReplyDelete