Friday 16 December 2016

Jet-lag - Day One!

You know the feeling – it’s unreal
Not hungry but you’re fed a meal
Blue skies – it’s hot – maybe midday
But your eyelids droop – your mind’s astray.

One’s body-clock cannot adjust -
This fast Down Under – but it must
Go through the motions, shop and walk
Attune at once to Aussie-talk.

On TV screen – spectator sport
Top news: a missing boat report
Three family members lost at sea
Helicopters sight debris …

My travel clothes – washed and quick-dried
While I keep cool and stay inside
Large wooden bowl with mango fruit;
Invasion of my nephew cute

In just one year how he has grown
He’s found his voice, can use the ‘phone
Toy cars and books on carpet strewn
We spend a busy afternoon!

I’ve gone beyond my tiredness peak
I wake when others are asleep
It’s not yet dawn – I grab my pen
Impressions crowd in – I stay zen!

(c) Poet in the woods 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment