Tuesday 21 April 2015

For my Illustrator!

An encounter several years ago
At the SABAM* where artists go;
Where one reaps, another tills
It's fun to share creative skills.

Across a table, glass in hand
I met Heike - quite unplanned
In this multi-culti atmosphere
Whose vibrancy thrives everywhere.

We spoke in French – our common tongue
She's German – I'm the English plum!
In each of us a poignant streak
Bereavement helped our souls to meet.

A shared experience through art
Our loss of loved ones was the spark
That lit our muse and caused us Angst
She sketched her grief - our hearts closed ranks.

My poems - written day by day
Put my raw feelings on display
So on this channel we were wired
And her illustrations were inspired!

Donc, ma présence aujourd'hui s'explique
Dans ce cadre de rêve unique**
Où Heike fête ses cinquante ans
Parmi des Allemands, des Wallons.

I'd write in German if I could
Aber leider ist mein Deutsch nicht gut
Ik zal mijn best doen: here's a hint
«Alles Gute, Geburtstag Kind!»

(c) Poet in the woods 2015

* Belgian Songwriters' and Authors' Association
** Floreffe Abbey, near Namur
Heike Tiede comes from East Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment