Saturday 4 April 2015

Easter - 2005

Easter greets us bearing flowers
And those long-awaited showers
The joyful ring of children's bikes
The absence of a voice - dear Mike's.

The pilgrims all amass in Rome
Where Pope Jean-Paul cannot intone
His Easter blessing - he's too ill
But hangs on with an iron will.

Chocolate, boiled eggs, daffodils
Road works start - I hear the drills;
School is out, the roads clog fast
This year, so different from the past -

Since all our plans have gone awry -
Finds me often wont to cry
But I must put on a brave face
And lay the table out with lace.

Since at my invite come this day
Those who shared my wedding day.
Ten years ago in August heat
Their friendship keeps my memories sweet...

(c) Poet in the woods 2015

A sample poem from my book "A Turn in the Road"

No comments:

Post a Comment