Monday 23 March 2015

Warming Up!

I cannot quite be sure of course
But something in the air,
A slightly warmer wind perhaps
Makes Hope conquer Despair.

Could it be that this cold freeze
That’s put our lives on hold
Has got the message it must go
Warm days chase out the cold?

Still no leaves but something stirs
The birds, perched high, now sing
There are ripples on the nearby lake
On the 21st – it’s spring!

It’s all linked to the Equinox
As the days get longer
Winter darkness yields to light
The sun’s rays now are stronger.

I dare to leave my gloves at home
My winter coat’s undone
No hat or scarf as I go out
To greet the springtime sun!

The rising sap, ah yes, young love
There were people in the park
As I passed by mid afternoon
I sensed a kindled spark.

(c) Poet in the woods 2015

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Sarah, but God knows what those birds are!

    ReplyDelete