Tuesday 3 March 2015

S.A.D. Times

When the weather's cold, my thoughts are too
A kind of lethargy flows through
My “get up and go” just ebbs away
It's a case of “cold rain stops all play”.

No matter what I ought to do,
A mental brake stops actions new
The dust piles up, the in-tray fills
With important documents and bills.

Those windows could do with a clean
I should polish my computer screen
Two Christmas novels by my bed
Glare at me sadly - both unread.

I tell myself to “get a grip”
Life's worth living – go for it!
But at the end of each cold day
My energy has seeped away.

Lack of sun and cold dark days
Affect us in so many ways
Have I S.A.D - a new disease
Which causes all our “umph” to freeze?

(c) Poet in the woods 2015

S.A.D. = Seasonal Affective Disorder

No comments:

Post a Comment