Wednesday 11 February 2015

Heart-less February!

It's chill and crisp so people groan
They mutter to themselves alone
“The bus is late, I must get home!”
Why does cold weather make them moan?

There's a certain beauty in this freeze
A majesty in frozen trees
A sharpness keeps us on our toes
We grit our teeth and blow our nose.

Life continues - more or less
We shiver under layers of dress
I learn new ways my scarf to tie
Slithers of brightness pass me by.

It's the darkness that we hate the most
I stay home as warm as toast
But many go out as they must
Commute to work and earn their crust!

One bright spot looms – for those who share
Warm special feelings and who care
In the midst of all this bitter cold
Valentine brings thoughts of gold!

(c) Poet in the woods 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment