Tuesday 10 February 2015

All Write in the End!

An invitation out to dine
By a friend who lives on my bus line
On Mondays many stay at home
But an email means I'm not alone!

Three flights of stairs are quite a hike
I stand there, breathless, on top flight
From whence the view across the square
Is bathed in moonlight crisp and clear.

Our travel schedules are a trial
So we've not met in quite a while
All the more reason for this meal
A chance to meet up and be “real”.

She does me proud on this cold night
Serving hot soup – a delight!
A healthy main dish of baked fish;
The raspberry parfait was delish!

Though different in many ways
Our common thread of writing stays
With her life story on the go
“This year's the year!”, she lets me know!

(c) Poet in the woods 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment