Friday 7 March 2014

Thomas - at 2 Months Old

Little Thomas, wreathed in smiles
And growing fast from what I see
Is slowly clocking up the miles
As he visits Granny regularly.

I saw him first at six days old
A tiny boy child on my lap
But even then his gaze was bold
Albeit brief - between each nap.

At this side of the world it’s hard
To watch his progress; I rely
On photos taken when off guard
Each expression captured on the fly.

My brother likes his role as Dad
At 59 he learns the ropes
And Angela so loves her lad
Investing in him all her hopes.

His wardrobe’s vast – so many clothes
Both hand-me-downs and some brand new
He’s even got a Mum who sews
And he isn’t always dressed in blue!

Too small as yet to realise
Today – March 8th – he’s two months old
In all our hearts he takes first prize
Thomas is worth more than gold!

(c) Poet in the woods 2014

1 comment:

  1. Proud dad much enjoyed today's effort!

    ReplyDelete