Wednesday 25 December 2013

Coffee at Rundle Mall

Pedestrian precinct in bright light
Adelaide shopping at its height
Such razzmatazz, street buskers sing
A merry-go-round is in full swing.

Special offers, prices slashed
Bargains to be had for cash
City Cross: jam-packed for lunch
Assorted stalls where people munch

A host of different take-away
The business world on holiday!
Time for coffee and a break
I think I will forego the cake

So enticingly put on display
The portions take my breath away.
My cappuccino - with a dash
Of powdered chocolate - has panache.

Each sip is a pure delight
They’ve got the frothy blend just right.
I drain the cup – what a surprise
A big smile greets my startled eyes!

(c) Poet in the woods 2013

Rundle Mall is Adelaide's largest shopping street.


No comments:

Post a Comment