Thursday 7 November 2013

For Joan

What I’d really like to do
Is put both of my arms round you
And let them speak where I cannot
So you can know love does not stop.

But half the world keeps us apart
So what I wish with all my heart
Is safe delivery through space
Of this my message, writ in haste.

At such a time the telephone
Distracts – as you need time alone
Friends surround you, family too
But you need peace, time to renew.

I haven’t known you very long
But feel our friendship bond is strong
So I’m sadder far than I can say
That Peter’s life thread had to fray.

Without your helpmate and your Rock
Though Peter lives on through your flock,
So that you won’t be quite alone
My heart joins with yours, dear Joan.

(c) Poet in the woods 2013

Peter died on 2nd November, 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment