Wednesday 13 November 2013

A Mega Disaster!

A friend told me her tale of woe
She was traumatised and didn’t know
How to cope; she all but cried
I calmed her down, took her aside

A job loss or had someone died?
Had her husband found a younger bride?
Had a doctor’s visit just revealed
An illness hitherto concealed?

Had Alzheimer's reared its ugly head?
I could go on, but then she said
That what had happened was much worse
And no, she hadn’t lost her purse.

My mind went blank; what could it be?
My imagination running free
Had covered, I felt, every base
But despair was written on her face.

And then I heard it; had to smile
Her brand new I-phone, latest style
Had somehow fallen in the loo
A titanic loss – what could she do?

Her lifeline lost, she can’t connect
No Facebook, Apps or Internet!
Why don’t I find it a surprise
That high-tech gadgets rule our lives?

A true story!

(c) Poet in the woods 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment