Sunday 13 October 2024

Voting for the Commune!

The hoardings were not taken down

Because we have another round

Of posters – in assorted colours

Amalgamated groups – and others!

 

This time, against October hues

We queue again to give our views

In terms of Province and Commune

In the same venue as June!

 

The local school* just down my street

Is open now for vote discreet

We need to show our I.D. card;

A quick check – it isn’t hard …

 

We place our plastic card in slot

Make our language choice, then stop

As lengthy lists appear on screen

With many names I’ve never seen …

 

No matter - I must now decide;

Perhaps a party I’ve not tried?

I press a button – and ‘tis done;

Tonight, we’ll all be told who’s won!


(c) Poet in the woods 2024


* Ecole de la Sapinière, Watermael-Boitsfort

No comments:

Post a Comment