Friday 6 September 2024

Rush Hour Reading!

 I sit upon a crowded bus

It’s wet – umbrellas poke at us;

While others hang on tight and frown

Today - Thank God! - I can sit down.

 

The man beside me reads a book

In French (because I had a look):

His novel keeps his mind alight

His battered briefcase out of sight…

 

Both of us soon quite engaged

At devouring each new page!

This art form brings us daily joy;

Why let stress our lives destroy?

 

But many, in love with SMART phone,

Cannot leave the thing alone!

Rain and roadworks slow our pace

I look up, with wry smile on face!

 

As he who shares a seat with me

Is quite content to let things be

Completely lost in his good read

His trip, like mine, blissful indeed!


(c) Poet in the woods 2024




No comments:

Post a Comment