Sunday 15 September 2024

Happiness - Brief Encounters!

Who reads my stuff? I’d like to know;

It’s like life - with ebb and flow;

Some days many find my page

As my little thoughts engage …

 

Some news event means I am read

As I hit the nail upon the head!

My readers like a poet’s take:

An alternate piece of cake!

 

Our world’s in turmoil; Man’s neglect

Means storms* do more than make us wet;

They flood our senses and make way

For front page horror scenes each day!

 

The sun shines, though it’s cooling down

Autumn, with its burnished crown,

Means darker evenings by the fire

Where my poems may inspire.

 

But who you are and what you do,

Puzzles me – perhaps you’re new …

Your stopping by my blog means much

As somehow, briefly, we’re in touch!


(c) Poet in the woods 2024

* News flash: Romania, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, southern Germany, and parts of Austria have all been hit by heavy rainfall (Storm Boris) in recent days, with up to 45cm falling in some parts causing devastating floods in many parts of the region.


Celia Johnson in the 1945 film "Brief Encounter"

No comments:

Post a Comment