Wednesday 14 June 2017

Generous June

A blank page – what can I report?
This is a challenge dearly bought
My readership grows day by day
I wonder what I'm going to say ...

I scour the headlines – Trump and May*
Continue on their own sweet way
Earthquake in Greece** – in minor key
West London flats***fire – kids jump free...

No deep thoughts bubble through my brain:
End year exams in schools again
Too early for the summer sales
Each garden now much work entails.

You could say all is set at fair
What's the rush? Let's stop and stare
With parks and gardens at their best
Time to slow down – take a rest ...

(c) Poet in the woods 2017

* Theresa May - British Prime Minister (2016-2019)
** Off the coast of Athens on 13/6 - no deaths
*** Grenfell Tower fire, West London 14/6 - 72 confirmed deaths ...



No comments:

Post a Comment