Tuesday 30 May 2017

Feeling Hot and Bothered!

Too hot to write – don't you agree?
The lack of breeze means I'm at sea
I sit down tired and mop my brow
The heat distracts my thoughts and how!

The terrace door is open wide
Flies in battalions zoom inside
Some divebomb glass panes, drop down dead
While others buzz around my head.

After a spurt in last week's rain
Plants need water, look in pain.
The weeds, however, spring up tough
A daily trim is not enough.

Herb seedlings snuggled in the earth
Now shoot forth stems for all they're worth
They welcome muggy days like these;
My wisteria is a mass of leaves!

It's rare in Belgium it's so hot
Aircon sure would hit the spot;
The pressure drops – a storm is due
Maybe a cool change coming through?

(c) Poet in the woods 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment