Thursday 11 August 2016

Thought for the Day

Time passes and the years go by
With age it speeds up – wonder why
Memories flit through my mind
Though slightly faded now I find.

How is it with you all “out there”?
Nostalgia makes us stop and stare
There's no going back, my friends
Time moves forwards, never ends...

I look around and I observe
We're always on a learning curve
Not just a child's prerogative
For humans - this is how we live!

New trends, new words, new styles of dress
Always challenges and stress
We can never get the balance right
For a poet, fantasy takes flight...

The day-to-day is grim indeed,
Terrorism, violence, greed
The values that we once held dear
Have evaporated in the air.

Smart phones and videos suffice
For some - to mask what is not nice
But the real world has some treasures too
Sadly seen by very few …

(c) Poet in the woods 2016


1 comment:

  1. 100% spot on !!! and can totally resonate... ;-) x

    ReplyDelete