Friday 10 October 2014

Opening Pandora's Box

Life has many twists and turns
Watersheds, new avenues
It's through experiences one learns
And marches onward, picks up clues.

Why are we here? What can we do
To serve this crazy world gone mad?
It's a journey – we're just passing through
Waifs in a maelstrom, lightly clad.

Our apprenticeship begins when young
With good and bad in equal measure
It's a struggle when we're highly strung
Collecting moments we can treasure.

«We pass this way but once», 'tis said
So in Pandora's box I peep
Down Sorrow's path I have been led
My learning curve has been quite steep.

Now I leave the shadows for the sun
My poems help to pave the way
To an understanding next to none
They are my gift to give away!

(c) Poet in the woods 2014



or ....

No comments:

Post a Comment