Friday 24 October 2014

An Unexpected Thrill!

I wonder what will make your day?
Each one dawns with blank display
For an optimist much may occur
It's the little things that make a stir.

An email came in – unexpected
The news that it conveyed - electric
A local friend* had taken time
To purchase my book all in rhyme

But English is not her first tongue
And so I find it rather fun
That through my blog scarce one year old
New fans come into my fold.

Until the very recent past
Would my work be known this fast?
But now self-published, I reflect
On the power of the Internet.

More writers in the world domain
More creative talent now can claim
A wider readership, it seems
Recognition exceeds dreams!

What made my day was her sweet note
She'd bought my book and so I quote
Her comment, «Sold out!» I adore
Guess what? The bookshop's ordered more!

(c) Poet in the woods 2014

* Rina L.






No comments:

Post a Comment