Friday 5 September 2014

Feast or Famine

How often have you heard it said:
«I wish today I'd stayed in bed!»
My intray glares – it overflows
As for emails – more work woes!

The Smart phone's far too smart, it seems
Its buzzed reminders break daydreams
My appointment diary – no blank spaces
This filly is put through her paces!

I stop a moment – leave my screen
A walk is called for; it has been
After a famine, such a feast
That I must stretch my legs at least.

July and August quietly passed
Small pickings really – a work fast
Many friends sought warmer places
Returning home with sun-tanned faces.

But now September has begun
My name pops up – I'm Number One -
For guided tours and French translations
I'm time poor – hence today's frustrations!

(c) Poet in the woods 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment