Monday 3 February 2014

The Year of the Horse

I leave Australia in the heat
Another destiny to meet;
Past rush hour, Adelaide traffic's light
I'm well in time for my long flight.

My Singapore Airlines in-flight news*
Lays the emphasis on Chinese views;
On 31st Jan they usher in
"Year of the Horse" with friends and kin.

There's a raw fish salad on our tray
Spiced up - it takes my breath away
But for many Chinese on this flight
Traditional food is their delight.

I push the salad round my plate
And stop awhile to meditate
On the "peaceful blessings" here expressed
By the Chinese at their New Year fest.

Does this article really speak to me?
For those of "a certain age" I see
"Lucky money" wrapped in red may come ...
If so, this "horse year" could be fun!

* In-flight magazine for January 2014

(c) Poet in the woods 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment