Tuesday 18 February 2020

The Conversion - A Rooftop View

New Year! More progress has been made
Vast solar panels now parade
On the tiled roof which faces me
Alas, no fir trees can I see.

But this is progress, I'm afraid
Wood-panelled frontage has been laid
A mini-terrace is included
But the neighbour's views are now occluded.

The workmen toil inside at night
At dusk I see electric light
Matters now are well in hand
The inside layout can be planned.

At dawn: huge trucks still park outside
It's been for one year a rough ride
Noise levels sometimes hard to bear
And passers-by who stop and stare...

Our quiet street - in busy mode
Intent on building this abode;
«The end's in sight», the owner said*
But should I take his words as read?

(c) Poet in the woods 2020

* "C'est la fin du chantier".


No comments:

Post a Comment