Tuesday 25 February 2020

For Missy Chenu - in Memoriam

Anno Domini – this Latin phrase
Learned long ago in schoolgirl days
Is now imbued with poignant force
Another friend has run her course...

A phone call came - I was not there
From a special friend whom I held dear
I received her message far too late
Silence greets those calls I make...

A feeling of malaise detected
Her 'life line' mobile – disconnected!
Of late her health had not been good
I cheered her up as best I could.

Such a fun friend and so kind ...
Who lived alone: this crossed my mind
Now social media wafts my way
And I learn, alas, she's passed away.

Friends are precious – each one lost
Tinges our poor hearts with frost;
I meditate on times we've shared
I hope she knew how much I cared ...

(c) Poet in the woods 2020





Née Marjorie Schmelzer (14.6.46 - 15.1.20)
Long term member of the American Theatre Company (ATC) of Brussels.


No comments:

Post a Comment