Friday 12 April 2019

The Conversion - Ups and Downs!

Tiles and sacks block cul-de-sac,
Plus boards and tools, as plans are lax
My neighbour's big dog finds it hard
To find his way through dust and shard...

What have the workmen done this week?
The gable grows but lacks its peak
My wall, built high, is now half-down
With crumbled grouting strewn around...

One man chucks bricks up to his mate
It's catch-as-catch-can, which is great
It means roof progress will be made
And put my terrace in more shade!

Though not a one to make a fuss
My seedlings suffer, choked in dust
Of my green trellis still no trace;
Chaos reigns - not to my taste!

Loud rumbling noises, taps and knocks
Cause an avalanche of rocks ...
The skip is soon filled to the top
Roll on the weekend – when they stop!

(c) Poet in the woods 2019






No comments:

Post a Comment