Monday 5 February 2024

At the "Friendly Street Poets" Event

A Monday eve in CBD*

A new adventure on the spree

In Adelaide, down shady street

Where like-minded poets meet.

 

Born back in 1975

The ‘Friendly Street Poets’ thrive

And hold a monthly « open mike »

In Regent Street on Monday night.

 

I did not know what to expect

But many keen types here connect

With fellow poets - all instilled

With love of words – and I was thrilled!

 

Up winding staircase, warehouse style

At six p.m. the rank and file

All armed with sheaves of penned delights,

Attempt to put the world to rights.

 

First names only ; cheers for those

Who capture precious moods in prose;

We’ve just three mins to make our mark

At Number 9, I too take part.

 

Quite unknown, I happened by

Life surprises - on the fly;

A chance encounter, brain food fun:

Thanks for my moment in the sun !


(c) Poet in the woods 2024


* Central Business District



With convenor Susan O'Brien

1 comment: